Recipe Courtesy of
NICHOLAS ANDERER, EXECUTIVE CHEF
My Mom’s Teryaki Chicken with Wakaya Perfection Organic Ginger Powder
- In a large bowl, vigorously whisk together soy sauce, sugar, garlic and ginger.
- Add chicken to the bowl, toss to fully coat with sauce, and marinate refrigerated for at least 30 minutes or up to 3 hours.
- On a baking tray lined with foil, spread out the chicken evenly (skin side up) and all of the excess sauce.
- Place in 450° F oven for 40 minutes, basting every 10 minutes with the excess sauce. (The sauce will begin to bubble and reduce on the foil during this process. If it gets over-reduced/sticky after second basting — i.e. in 20 minutes or less — reduce heat to 400°.)
- After 40 minutes, turn over each piece and return to oven for 10 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and enjoy!