- Place milk in a saucepan and bring almost to a boil, then pour over figs in a bowl and let rest for 20 minutes.
- Place parchment paper on a baking sheet and grease paper well.
- Using an electric mixer, beat butter, sugar and honey until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Sift together flour, Wakaya Perfection Organic Ginger Powder, baking powder and salt. Add to butter mixture, along with fig-milk mixture and walnuts. Stir until dough just comes together.
- Divide dough into 2 equal parts. Shape each portion into a log that is approximately 6 inches long and 2 inches wide. Bake on center rack at 350° F for 50–55 minutes; let rest for 10 minutes before turning onto wire racks to cool.