What is Wakaya Perfection?
Wakaya Perfection is a luxury suite of Organic Wellness Products, hand-cultivated in virgin volcanic soil on the private island of Wayaka in Fiji.
How many products are made by Wakaya Perfection?
We currently offer three products.
Wakaya Perfection Organic Ginger Powder
•.6 oz. Table-Top Wellness Companion
• 1-lb. Home Wellness Essential.
• 1.7 fl. oz. Organic Dilo Lotion Daily Rejuvenating Bottle
Who founded Wakaya Perfection?
Wakaya Perfection was founded in 2011 by serial entrepreneur, David H. Gilmour, who also founded FIJI Water as well as many other successful ventures. His new book, Start Up, is now available in paperback, as an ebook at www.zinio.com/startup and via other major online retailers. In 1973, Gilmour purchased the island of Wakaya and in 1990 opened the luxurious Wakaya Club & Spa with his wife Jill (www.wakaya.com). Focused on health and wellness, Gilmour chose to breathe new life into this 4,000-year-old healer—ginger—by creating a multi-faceted product that is used in culinary creations, as a beverage enhancer and as a home/spa ingredient.
Where are Wakaya Perfection products grown?
All Wakaya Perfection products are thoughtfully hand-cultivated in a virgin volcanic soil on the private island of Wakaya located in the archipelago of Fiji.
Ginger has been used as a medicine and cooking spice in Asian, Indian, and Arabic herbal traditions for more than 4,000 years. Use it to add flavor and depth to seafood, chicken, stews and other main dishes. Add it to your favorite beverage and taste the vibrance and vitality it brings to a cup of tea or to your favorite cocktail. Ginger can also be used as a home spa and apothecary essential. It will soothe tired muscles when used in an herbal wrap, or stimulate your scalp when mixed with your shampoo. Other wellness benefits of ginger include easing nausea, improving digestion and relieving cold and allergy symptoms.
Why Dilo Lotion?
The fruit of the Dilo nut tree are the size of an apricot, have a thin flesh and a large nut hull inside. The kernel of the fruit yields a thick, dark green substance used medicinally to enhance the skin’s own repair mechanisms, accelerating the healing of skin wounds.
How is Wakaya Perfection Organic Ginger cultivated?
• Wakaya Perfection Organic Ginger is hand-cultivated in Wakaya Island’s rich volcanic soil which contains elevated nutrient levels.
• We hand-cultivate our crops in paddocks to eliminate a mechanical footprint that could compromise the integrity of the crops. No machinery touches our ginger crops, only caring hands cultivate the earth.
• We have chosen not to implement a man-made irrigation system. Only the natural Fijian rainfall nourishes our ginger crops.
• We use solar-powered electric fencing surrounding our paddocks to educate our wild animals and avoid cruel barbed wire and other inhumane fencing practices utilized elsewhere, allowing our crops to grow freely and our native animals to share the pristine environment with our farming operations.
• We possess our own unique Fijian Pink Ginger seeds and grow our crops on wide sloping paddocks at elevation, and also at 45-degree angles, to prevent natural erosion.
• After we harvest each ginger crop in its respective paddock, we cultivate the next crop in a new paddock and allow at least a 12-month period to pass in the former paddock before planting more seeds. This rotation process allows the soil to naturally rejuvenate.
• Wakaya Perfection Organic Ginger is oven-dried at a regulated minimal temperature to ensure zero heat loss of the vital properties.
• Wakaya Perfection Organic Ginger is ground to a superfine rich golden powder. It is then completely sealed into a U.S. food grade stainless-steel grinding machine, which uses suction pressure to eliminate airborne particles to preserve the full purity and integrity of the ginger.
• Normally ginger is steeped with pesticides; on Wakaya we do not believe in this technique. Our product is the purest and most potent ginger available because we hand-cultivate it and only use natural irrigation methods.
How is Wakaya Perfection Dilo Lotion cultivated?
Our Dilo Oil is 100 percent organic and is harvested from wild mature Dilo trees that naturally grow and drop the oil-rich seeds several times a season. Once fallen, we gather only mature Dilo seeds, then slowly dry them in solar drying beds until a creamy rich oil has filled the seed pod.
We process the oil-bearing seed pods in hand-operated, 20-ton stainless steel presses. Because our presses don't employ an electrical power source or heat, we are able to create a virgin dilo oil that is a rich green gold color. Its lavish texture is similar to a superfine cosmetic or therapeutic body oil. We enhance this oil with a uniquely selected organic cosmetic cream to form Wakaya Perfection Dilo Lotion.
What is Wakaya Perfection Organic Ginger Powder used for?
Wakaya Perfection Organic Ginger Powder is versatile. It can be used to enhance the flavor of your food, or to add refreshing and vibrant taste to your favorite beverages. It can also be used at home to rejuvenate health and wellness. No matter how you incorporate Wakaya Perfection Organic Ginger into your lifestyle, always remember to EAT. DRINK. THRIVE.
According both to ancient tradition and modern experience, Wakaya Perfection Organic Ginger Powder can help aid stomach problems including motion sickness, morning sickness, upset stomach, nausea caused by cancer treatment. It can also treat burns and relieve pain. Plus, Wakaya Perfection Organic Ginger Powder can (and should!) be used as a healthy flavoring agent in many foods and beverages. No matter how you choose to incorporate Wakaya Perfection Organic Ginger into your lifestyle, it will rejuvenate your overall health and wellness.
What healing properties does Wakaya Perfection
Organic Ginger Powder possess?
According both to ancient tradition and modern experience, Wakaya Perfection Organic Ginger Powder can help aid stomach problems including motion sickness, morning sickness, upset stomach, gas, diarrhea, nausea caused by cancer treatment, nausea and vomiting after surgery, as well as loss of appetite. It can also treat burns and relieve pain. Plus, Wakaya Perfection Organic Ginger Powder can (and should!) be used as a healthy flavoring agent in many foods and beverages. No matter how you choose to incorporate Wakaya Perfection Organic Ginger into your lifestyle, it will rejuvenate your overall health and wellness.
What portions are recommended?
Wakaya Perfection Organic Ginger Powder is powerfully pure and potent so less is more. We recommend a standard ¼–½ teaspoon serving to any 1 cup liquid or food serving, or mixing to your taste preference.
Where else can I buy Wakaya Perfection Organic Ginger Powder?
The Wakaya Perfection Organic Ginger Table-Top Wellness Companion provides a 30-day supply and can be purchased directly here on our e-commerce site or exclusively through luxury hotel and resort partners, spas and select fine dining restaurants and bars.
Where else can I buy Wakaya Perfection Organic Dilo Lotion?
The Wakaya Perfection Organic Dilo Lotion 1.7 fl. oz. bottle can be purchased exclusively here on our e-commerce site.